Do you want to be our new Plant Manager? Quin-Sea Fisheries has an opening on its Management Team for a Plant Manager at its processing facility located in Southern Harbour, NL.
Quin-Sea Fisheries, a division of Royal Greenland, is a leading fish processing company based in Newfoundland and Labrador that has provided quality North Atlantic Seafood to markets around the globe for over 25 years. Quin-Sea operates six seafood-processing facilities in the province with a wide array of local species.
Currently, Quin-Sea Fisheries has an opening on its Management Team for a Plant Manager at its processing facility located in Southern Harbour, NL.
As the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the plant and supervising various department Team Leaders including Quality Assurance, Production Team, and Engineering and Maintenance. This will include optimizing efficiency, maximizing yield, accurate reporting and ensuring the highest quality for our customers.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
• Manage efficient production, assets capacity and flexibility, while minimizing
unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
• Manage plant and machine maintenance schedules, recommend replacement of
machines, and keep parts ordered and in stock.
• Ensure team leads have the right people scheduled to work and proper
equipment for their departments.
• Monitor and ensure all staff adhere to plant safety procedures.
• Consulting on employee relations matters.
• Input and advise on major projects affecting the plant and business.
• Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget.
• Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and
• Additional assignments as directed.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role and have a background in Food Sciences or an Industrial Engineering related field. Applicants must have a strong technical background and experience with SAP will be considered an asset. If you have sound communication and leadership skills, are goal-oriented with a strong work ethic, then we want to hear from you.
If you wish to be a part of an organization and corporate culture that encourages success, please submit your detailed resume to HRquinsea@royalgreenland.com, referencing Plant Manager – Southern Harbour.
We thank you all for your interest but only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quin-Sea Fisheries Limited is an equal opportunity employer.